This was just a super quick 3 minute job to get our robes or dressing gowns off the floor (as an aside, what do you call those warm, fleecy house coats that you snuggle up in, in winter?).
Despite the disappointing performance of the 3M hooks we used to hang the wall art in the master bedroom, these large have worked beautifully. Admittedly, they are meant for heavier items (2.2kg, if I remember correctly), and a dressing gown weighs nowhere near that. I chose these particular 3M hooks purely because they are white, so they’d blend in with the white door.
I started this process all mathematically, measuring the width of the door, the centre point, and measuring out from that to get a good, evenly spaced hooking.
Then I stepped back and said to myself, ‘you’re an idiot’.
Look at the door.
Yep, there are already two perfectly good, evenly spaced areas where the hooks could be hung.
So I erased my little pencil marks, grabbed my hooks and eyeballed where I wanted to adhere them. In the end, these gooks are holding bulky dressing gowns, and as Mr Hammer and myself are certainly different sizes, they’re not going to look all pretty and neat when they’re hung.
Done. A quick, simple project to get our dressing gowns off the floor and give them their own homes.